Posted on March 26, 2009 by theoldadam
Most of us agree that this scoundrel the ‘old Adam’, or ‘old Eve’, needs to be dealt with in some fashion or other.
What should we do with him/her?
Should we work to clean him up? Should we try and improve how she acts in public and smooth off her sharp edges?
Should we forget about him, ignore him, and hope he won’t cause too much trouble?
Or should we kill her/him off? If so, then how?
Filed under: The Old Adam and Old Eve | 29 Comments »
Posted on July 31, 2008 by theoldadam
1. We have the right to eschew church in any form, at any time.
2. We have the right to define church any way we choose.
3. We have the right to cultivate our own brand of “spirituality”.
4. We have the right to keep ourselves the focus in every aspect of worship.
5. We have the right to ignore God’s comandments.
6. We have the right to ignore God.
7. We have the right to expect that everyone, whether inside or outside the church, cater to our every desire.
8. We have the right to throw out anything that even remotely smacks of Catholicism.
9. We have the right to live forever.
10. We have the right to become our own gods.
Do you have any ‘rights’ for the Old Adam or Old Eve that I forgot to add?
Filed under: The Old Adam and Old Eve | 4 Comments »